Saturday, October 14, 2006

Delete!

I am lost without my cell phone. Whatever memory cells I have left are not used for telephone numbers so it is not a good sign if I delete you from my contacts on my cell.

Case in point: I almost couldn't remember my own mother's cell # the other day - and she's had the same number for about 6 years. Why? Because it's on speed dial, so I don't ever dial it anymore. Same w/The Roommate and other friends.

With all that in mind, I have recently deleted 2 numbers from my cell. Sometimes I'll keep numbers and say "Oh well, in case they call me I don't want to be 'who dis?'". Ya know?! But in this case, if they call, I won't know the number so I have no problems asking "Who dis?" because they are not supposed to be calling me. Those are the conditions.

Now in one of these cases the "good" part in "goodbye" is entirely necessary and appreciated. However in most cases it is not. I wonder who first thought let's put those two words together. "Good" and "bye". Sure it sounds better than "Badbye" but still.

What is so good about byes?

1 comment:

Sassy said...

I'm a savant with numbers.
I see them.
I remember them.

If only I could do that with cards at the casino.