Monday, May 21, 2007

Weekend Update

The world: Hey Thatgirl7278, what did you do this weekend?

And yes, the world talks to me. Doesn't it talk to you?

Me: Oh, World. Lots and lots. Let me tell you!

Yeah. It seems I had quite the eventful weekend. And at my age, that's less a good thing than you would think. I am seriously feeling it today. And it doesn't help I'm working 10 hour days the next 4 days. Ugh.

Okay. Recap time. First off, last week was The Mexi's birthday. HAPPY BIRFDAY!! YAY!! Also, last week, my right eye infection came back. No, it's not pink eye. I think I'd prefer pink eye to this shit because we have no idea what is causing it. Oh and because it makes my eye EXTREMELY red and freakish looking. The only thing I do know is that I can't wear my contacts because of it and end up having to throw said lenses away each time this happens. Which now adds up to 2. Sonofa!

Anyway, so I've been sporting the "4 eyes" for almost 2 weeks now (suck!).

Why is that important you ask? You'll find out.

So, as last Tuesday was the Mexi's bday, we promptly decided that Friday night would be the night to celebrate. Well, the Mexi wanted us to do something "nice". Meaning not the same local bars we always hit. Fair 'nough. We found a nice Wine & Bar Restaurant in a local shopping strip (we are just THAT classy y'all), got all dressed up and went to town with what they call "Wine Tours". A Wine Tour is when they serve you 3 "small" glasses of wine. Each the same kind of wine, just different versions. I went w/the Red Zinfandels, Stacy had the Chards, and the Mexi went w/Champagnes/Sparkling Wine. We promptly tasted each of our three and then passed the pipe, so to speak. It was important we all taste the others.

Just to interject... during this time, the SPURS are promptly beating the pants off the Suns and thereby DROP KICKING THEIR ASSES out of the playoffs... which is putting me in a good mood.

We chat it up, catch up on any and all juicy gossip, life's current challenges, etc. It's "Sex and the City" minus one. And by midnight and MAYBE 3 (more like 2) glasses of wine (and an empty stomach!), I am drunk. I have not been drunk since November, y'all. I have not consumed more than 1 beverage in less than an hour in probably just as long. So my tolerance has gone to SHITE! We proceed to some local fancy bar and it's all downhill from there.

They were handing out free beers (what the???) at this "fancy bar". Alas it was MGD, but again, I was already drunk and these were free so that meant my motto was "bring it on". We're standing (I'm already swaying) there, checking out the crowd. All of which were pretty dressed up - which is okay, since we were too. And I turned to my friends and said "I have not seen 1 chubby girl here." Not one.

Chubby dudes. Sure. Chubby chicks. Notsomuch.

Crazy.

Why is this crazy? Because we live in SA and its just a reality. I'm not going to go so far as to say it was all "pretty people" there, because eh, that might be a bit much. But I will say it was definitely the coke-hors and eating disorder crowd.

Then I also noticed... no one else is wearing glasses.

Fuck. Me.

(That's what she said!)

Me (to my gf's): No one is wearing glasses!!! That's it, these are coming off!

I proceed to go eye-glassless. Ok. So, let's recap. I'm drunk and now blind(ish). Perrrrfect.

We talked it up to a few peeps. I will assume the guys were good-looking. I don't really know. I CAN say they were nice and very tall. Always a plus. In fact, one was a "ballplayer in Spain". Apparently, they do exist... and San Antonio is where they like to come to chill. Suuuuuuurrreeeeee. But again, he was nice. So, even if he was full of shit, it's all good.

At this point... I'm not feeling so good.

Oh yes, readers. You guessed it. I'm became "puke at the bar" girl.

Sooooo sad. I always feel so sorry for that girl, and sure enough it was me that night. Damnit!

Well, my chances of returning to that bar are pretty few and far between at this point. Which I'm not that upset about because the crowd was pretty young (which seems to be happening more and more. Shit.) and the drinks were expensive. Or maybe that's just what it seemed like since I don't ever spend money on drinks anymore. I don't know.

Bottom line to my Friday night: I was set to work Saturday. All effin' day, in fact.

Loved the hangover that lasted until 5p. Then continuing to work through it until 11ish. I think I was asleep before my head hit the pillow on Saturday.

Sunday was fun. My boys won (it's a done deal, I'm just sayin') and I got to see "Shrek the Third" w/the folks. We went to a late afternoon show. It was all fun and "good times" until the "Let's snuggle" couple sat next to me. Which is not a big deal, but the annoying laughter coming out of both of them was starting to bug the shit out of me. Annoying laughter ranks up there with fingers scraping on the chalkboard and people who chew gum with their mouths open. I mean, has no one told these people that their laughter sounds bad??? I would surely like to think that as a friend, I would tell me peeps, "Hey, your laughter is kind of annoying. You might want to work on the pitch or something." But that's just how good a friend I am. ;)

All in all - a busy ass weekend. Shit, I'm more tired now than I was before I typed this.

Only 9 more work hours to go.

No comments: