Reminder: I work w/16-20 year-olds.
Over the last few days my students have been trying to get personal information out of me...
Here is how they did it:
(As I don't want to incriminate any of my students, I will just use pseudonyms for them... ALSO both of these conversations were completely random and started literally just out of nowhere.)
On Monday -
Lip Piercing Kid (or LPK): Hey Miss! You married?
Me: Hey-oh! (Yes, I said "hey-oh!") Wow. That's really personal. How about this? If I ever ask YOU if you're married, then you have permission to ask me? Got it?
LPK: Aww Miss. It's not a big deal. I mean. I was just curious.
"Wanna Fight?" Kid (A long story, I'll have to tell another time): Why do you wanna know? You interested? Why don't you just ask her out? Hey Miss Chavez, you wanna go out w/"LPK"?
Me: hahaha. Moving on.
And then today...
18 to Life Kid: Hey Miss. My birthday's next month. I'll be 18.
Me: Uhm. Ok.
18TLK: Ya know. I'm just sayin'.
Me: Well. Uhm. Yeah. Thanks for letting me know. But ya see, 18TLK I'm just not interested. You're not really my type. But thanks anyway.
Of course later today...
18TLK: You didn't have to dog (dawg?) me earlier Miss. I was just sayin', if you wanted to buy me a present. You know, since I'll be 18.
It is so hard to keep a straight face some days. So hard!
3 comments:
Since you didn't get me anything for my 40th I would hope that 18tlk gets squat ;)
I cant wait for my little ones to be all grown up .
Aw, his male pride was hurtin'. You big meanie. He had to go think of something to cover his widdle butt.
On a side note: Apparently an 18 year old guy has the hots for you. Rock that shit, girl.
LOL
and all I get from my 8 year olds is the occasional plastic ring and a marriage proposal.
Post a Comment